Your donation is crucial to the continuing research
Our Goal: The TICR campaign is funding the Tayside Institute for Cardiovascular Research bringing together a team of specialists in vascular biology, cardiac disease, stroke, circulation disease, nutrition, epidemiology and fundamental laboratory science to enable detection and intervention of cardiovascular-related diseases at an earlier stage.
TICR Achievements and Discoveries
- Use of non-invasive imaging in cardiovascular disease in Dundee University
- New chemicals in blood vessel linings which control hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis)
- Harmful effect of salt in medications
- Development of new medical devices for arterial disease
- Use of stem cells in blood vessel disease of the legs
- New techniques for looking at nearly every artery in the body at the same time
- New blood markers which predict future heart attack, stroke and amputation
- New treatments for Raynaud’s (poor circulation in the hands)
- Use of ACE inhibitors in patients with aortic valvular heart disease
- New government guidelines for healthy eating
Make a donation
Your donation could help pay for the research of life saving work against heart, stroke and circulatory disease.
Or please make cheques payable to the "TICR Appeal".
TICR operates under the auspices of the University of Dundee, which is registered as a charity with Inland Revenue, Ref No. CR 3177 and Scottish Charities Index No. SCO 15096.
c/o Professor Jill Belch
Division of Molecular and Clinical Medicine
Ninewells Hospital and School